Let’s get onto the recipe now
- Butter at room temperature – 1 cup
- Light brown sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs at room temperature – 3nos
- Vanilla essence – a few drops
- Self-rising flour – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1tsp
- Figs – 8 Large
- A bowl of honey, about 2tbsp
- Salt – 1/2tsp
- Cut the figs in halves and dip them in honey bowl, cut side down.
- Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron pan a little butter. Sear and caramelize the honey dipped figs in the hot pan, cut side down again and let it roast for a few minutes. DO not flip them and take them off the heat. Let them cool.
Butter sponge recipe
- Beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy and creamy with a wooden spoon. If you have a beater, use it to make the work simple.
- Add eggs one by one and continue beating until all the eggs are completely Incorporated.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
Sift in the self-rising flour, baking powder and add the salt and mix with a wooden spoon.
- The sponge cake batter is ready now. Load them in your prepared tin.
- Arrange the caramelized honey figs in the batter carefully without pushing them in.
- Bake the in a preheated oven of 180°C for 30-40 minutes.
Once your cake is cooked, rest for a few minutes and demould them. Let it cool until it is warm on the rack.
- Dust them with some icing sugar if you like and serve them warm with ice cream of your choice.
The ice cream shown here is my homemade vanilla bean raspberry flavour😍😍
Also in the pictures is my #homemade vanilla raspberry #icecream .
#goodfood #eeeeeats #foodblogfeed #onthetable #foodfood #foodism #foodstagram #foodporn #food #yummy #yum #foodphotography #instafood #foodie #chennaifoodie #fhareencooks #parveenskitchen #delicious #yummy #bakedfromscratch #foodlover #lovefood #instagramfoodies #Figs #honeyroastedfigs #cake #bakefeed #feastagram #homebaking